Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh Canada!

I am very excited for the Winter Olympics.  Is there anything better than watching men wearing sparkly purple and pink spandex dance around on ice skates?  Men sweeping the floor in a bulls-eye-esqe game is pretty great too.  Not to mention the excitement of people racing down a mountain, track or slide at faster speeds than my car would even consider.  Opening ceremonies are Friday and we will be celebrating with Olympic Ring cupcakes and games.  You are all invited.
  At my internship we are having an Olympic competition.  Today was draft day.  I will officially be cheering for Canada, South Korea, and The Netherlands.  Plus one more.  That will be determined tomorrow morning.
In the spirit of the upcoming games, here are some fun facts about my countries... you should cheer for them too.
CANADA:  
1.  The baseball glove was invented in Canada (which will help tremendously in the winter Olympics)
2.  Santa Claus is from Canada
3.  Canada also claims to have invented basketball...
SOUTH KOREA:
1.  Has the world's highest estimated national IQ
2.  On the first night of each year, they hide their shoes so a ghost doesn't try them on and steal the pairs it likes - your shoes are stolen, you will have bad luck for the entire year
3.  Bulldog and live squid are popular delicacies
NETHERLANDS:
1.  Home of Heineken beer.
2.  Also home of the Red Light District
3.  There are twice as many bikes as cars

So there's my info. for the day.  I'll keep you updated on my 4th country and its fun facts!

No comments:

Post a Comment