Friday, February 12, 2010

Puzzles and Prom

For Christmas, my dad got me a "Days of Tips and Inspiration for College Students" calendar.  It has daily bits of advice such as "Make a new friend in class today" and "Save quarters when you receive change--you'll need them for laundry."  You know, information that is vitally important... when you are entering your freshman year.  (Sorry, dad... I still love it.)
Today's earth-shattering revelation said "No doubt about it--you're super busy.  But be sure to make time for yourself."  So true!  I look over at the two ginormous stacks of paper that are the reasons that I will be super busy over the next few months:  my new Sudoku and Hidato daily calendars.  730 mind-challenging puzzles.  What a challenge!  
Don't worry, though.  I will take breaks for myself.  You know, to do things like figure out where I'm living next year, who I'm living with, how I'm funding my education... little things like that.  I will keep you updated both on the status of my puzzles and the status of my future.
Almost as important as my Hidato success or failures is the prom.  Yes, t
hat's right.  I am that college girl going back to the prom.  Never thought it would happen, but what can you do when true love strikes?  Here is a picture of my date.  He's dreamy.
In other prom news, I went prom dress shopping with my sister today.  She has a real date.  Well, not technically a date, but a to-be date.  She's "on reserve."  Anyway, assuming that her "on reserve" date will actually ask her, we went dress hunting.  After hours of wandering around Kansas City, we found a winner.  It's a cute black and white dress with some lime green ribbon.  It was a great success!
Anywho, it is almost Olympic game time (remember who you are cheering for!) so I'm going to go make some festive treats.  And maybe do a Sudoku or two.  Here's another bit of advice until next time:  "Experience something new.  Participate in an activity you've always wanted to try."

No comments:

Post a Comment